Liquid lipstick is the newest lipstick trend and we’re loving it. However, it can sometimes be challenging to get the perfect application. So we sat down with our morning Makeup Artistry instructor, Kat, for a few pointers on how to apply the perfect pout.
Tips for liquid lipsticks:
- Quality is key with your makeup! I love Jeffree Stars Velour Liquid Lipsticks (you get what you pay for!)
- It is very long lasting – through drinks, food, and swimming.
- The applicator brush is SO important. If the brush is smooth, you will have a smooth application. If the brush is rough, your edges won’t be as clean.
- Decide what kind of coverage you want. There’s sheer coverage and there’s full coverage. With sheer, you will be able to still see your lip color through the lipstick. With full coverage, you won’t be able to see any of your natural lip pigment through the color
- Decide if you want a glossy or matte finish.
- Make sure your lips are free of dead skin and are moisturized!
- Less is more! Start with less product on your brush and add more if you need it. You will get a cleaner finish that way.
- It is easier to outline your lips first and then color them in!
- If you’re having trouble with your cupids bow (the top parts of your lips) try making an x then lining around the sides.
- Leave thinner areas for last.
- If you mess up, don’t sweat it! Wait until it is completely dry and use makeup remover to take off any unwanted product.
- If you have trouble making clean lines, just like any lip stick, you can go back with concealer and clean up your edges with a disposable or an angled brush!