Clary Sage College is seeking a dynamic Master Instructor for the role of Cosmetology Department Head. Under the direction of the Campus Director, the Cosmetology Department Head provides leadership in all operational, educational, compliance, and administrative areas within the cosmetology and nail departments. The Department Head will work directly with cosmetology and nail students to ensure the best possible student experience by overseeing all program operations, advising on educational requirements, observing the classroom and salon, maintaining student records, and assuring all issues pertaining to student enrollment, attendance, education and progress towards graduation, licensure and placement are addressed.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership, development, and guidance to staff members in all functional areas, ensuring that the school culture supports student success at all levels.
- Assist with hiring, managing, training, coaching, developing, and motivating all cosmetology/nail staff.
- Work directly with students to provide the best possible student experience by providing guidance on educational requirements and guiding students to appropriate resources to help address educational and personal challenges.
A combination of 3 – 5 years of experience and educational requirements as stated below will be considered.
- Salon industry experience preferred
- Cosmetology teaching experience preferred
- Proven leadership, management, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to implement and execute established policies and procedures
- Customer Service or Operational management preferred
- Cosmetology Master Instructor License
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, or Psychology preferred
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Generous paid time off
Licensed by OBPVS