I’ve been dying to go swimming all summer and haven’t had the chance. Sadly, I don’t know many people with a pool. (Who wants to invite me over?! ;)) However, my lack of a pool hasn’t stopped me from dreaming of throwing a pretend pool party.
I can imagine the food, drinks + decorations now.
Image Via: Dam Delicious
I love food, so no get together is complete without food. Since the majority of your pool party guests will be in the pool, lighter finger foods are a good way to go. My family and friends have very varying tastes, so I’d be sure to remember that while creating my menu.
Here are a few options you could serve at your pool party:
- These mini Caprese salad skewers.
- THIS grilled pizza is a must.
- Avocado Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction, yummy. (Pictured above.)
- These sweet + spicy chicken bites sound delicious.
- You can’t go wrong with fresh fruit like watermelon or fruit skewers.
Image Via: Shutterbean
My ideal pool party isn’t complete without a cocktail (or mocktail) or two. I’d definitely give these cocktails a try.
- Yummy Cranberry + Blueberry Cocktail
- Blood Orange Mojito
- The Painkiller (Pictured above.)
- Pineapple Coconut Mojito
Image Via: Sophlog
This is the really fun part! Are you set on a theme for your party? Maybe you just want it to be fun + summery or maybe you want flamingos everywhere, either way is totally cool!
I’d have to pick up these cute items for my pool party.
- DIY Beach Ball Garland
- Drink Palms
- All the floaties – Gigantic donut, Leisure Swan , Pizza + Flamingo Coasters would all make an appearance in my pool.
- Twinkle Lights
- Paper Lanterns
I can see it all in my head. Now I’m strongly considering asking my neighbor if I can borrow their yard to set up a pool…