From the desk of Dr. Kevin Kirk, president of Community Care College, Clary Sage College, and Oklahoma Technical College.
Many of our students have heard me quote a great man by the name of Thomas S. Monson, who a talks about the four L’s in life: Live, Love, Learn and leave a Legacy. I love these four L’s and have added a fifth that I believe to be equally important: “Laugh”.
It has been said: “Laughter is the best medicine.” I believe there is a great deal of truth in that quote as my mother faced many difficulties in her life yet always managed to always wear a smile and laugh at herself. She loved a good joke or funny story and I greatly miss mom’s infectious laugh every day.
I recently came across a series of funny quotes that were posted on signs in the Seattle, Washington area which made me laugh and I hope they cause the same reaction for you.
- I was addicted to the hokey pokey, but I turned myself around.
- Went to the Air and Space museum, but there was nothing there.
- Hold the door open for a clown, it’s a nice jester.
- The second mouse gets the cheese.
- My reality check bounced.
- If pride comes before a fall, humility should come by winter.
- Between two evils I always pick the one I’ve never tried.
- Cure for an obsession: Get another one.
- I’m still hot, it just comes in flashes now.
- The first 5 days after a weekend are the hardest.
- A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.
- If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the Juggler.
- Ban pre-shredded cheese, make America grate again!
Remember to always exercise the 5th L!