It’s important, to be able to suggest healthy lifestyle habits to our clients and co-workers. The old cliché, “You are what you eat” is true. Being able to share knowledge of healthy eating will add a more holistic approach to your life and practice. With the holidays and celebrating with family and friends usually includes lots of great food, which can lead to extra unwanted poundage. This doesn’t have to be true. Here are some tips for eating healthy during the holidays that we would love for you to share!!!
- Maintain your current weight rather than trying to lose weight during the holidays.
- Make time to exercise. Take a walk. It relieves stress, and helps burn extra calories.
- Don’t skip eating before attending a party. Eat a light snack to curb your appetite.
- Choose what you like best & skip the rest when filling your plate. Always include some healthy fruits and veggies on your plate.
- When you feel satisfied, stop eating. It’s ok to leave some food on your plate.
- Don’t eat too fast.
- Eat small portions.
- Sit while eating.
- Use caution with beverages. Alcohol lessens inhibitions which can contribute to overeating. Even non-alcoholic drinks can have lots of calories.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you overeat at a meal. Go light on the next meal.
- Bring your own healthy dish to a party.
- Learn to substitute healthy and leaner ingredients when cooking rather than fattening ingredients.
Please share your favorite healthy holiday recipe. Wouldn’t it be fun to put together a collection of Favorite Healthy Holiday Recipes!