We are in the prime of holiday season and its that time of year when we get to celebrate with friends and family at parties and gatherings throughout the month. Of course it is the perfect time to let your inner fashionista go wild! Deciding what to wear to holiday soirees can sometimes be a challenge so I’m going share some of my favorite trends this season and how you can incorporate them into your party look:
- Sparkle: As usual, shimmer and shine will add sparkle and chicness to any outfit: a great look is to pair a glistening skirt with a tailored jacket:
BY KENDAL S., 25 YEAR OLD PHOTOGRAPHER FROM WASHINGTON, D.C.
Or for the more edgy person, combine this seasons leather jacket with a sparkling top or skirt
- Party Skirt – This is my favorite rage of the year! It is feminine and stylish and quite forgiving: paired with a pair of great stilettos and a simple blouse this outfit is sure to satisfy the trendy girls taste.
3. Cocktail dress – This years cocktail dresses are stunning. Like the party skirts ,they are feminine and classy while flattering on all body types. The popular silhouette with a fitted bodice and full skirt is a great look for all. These are a few of my favorite designs:
Here are a few tips to consider when picking out that perfect outfit:
1. A crisp white shirt adds class to all : paired with your favorite pants or a fabulous skirt you really cannot go wrong
2. Its fine to show a little skin: but that is the key, a little. If you have great legs then show them off, wear a short skirt, however you need to counter that by covering up more on the top. It always best to not show it all. You can achieve a classy sophisticated look by balancing out your look.
3.. Choose a coat that complements your dress: Don”t ruin the great outfit you’ve worked so hard at by covering it up with the wrong coat: a simple neutral swing or pea coat is perfect.