The start of every new year is always an indicator that is time to clean out and organize my closet. I love clothes, I love shoes and I love all the items in between, but most of all I love a closet that inspires me every day. Ever since I can remember I have been a consumer who will buy fashion items simple because I think they will look beautiful in my closet, a little crazy I know, but this is my “closet art”
I believe that regardless of the size of your closet you can turn it into a beautiful space that will be a joy to look at every day. I have compiled several of my favorite closet organizing tips to help create the closet of your dreams:
1.DECLUTTER– cleaning your closet out is the first step to a creating that perfect look, follow these steps and it will be easier than you think:
– If it has a hole, rip, tear or it is worn out, throw it away
– I f you haven’t worn it in the last 2 years, donate it; Typically if you haven’t worn something in over 2 years you really are not happy with the way it looks on you. Don’t wear things if you do not feel great about yourself in them. *****Many people will say “I think it might be coming back in style, I don’t want to get rid of it”. Unless you are going for a vintage, retro look don’t fool yourself into believing it will work again. (All recreated fashions are modernized.)
– If it doesn’t fit, donate/resale it; having items that do not fit you in your closet just take up room and cause you to have bad thoughts ; If you get back down to that perfect size it is a great excuse to treat yourself t0 a new wardrobe!
– I f you would not buy it in a store TODAY,donate/resale it. Always wear clothing you love!
2. HANG YOUR CLOTHES BY COLOR AND STYLE:
3. Have a designated spot for shoes, jewelry, purses and scarves:
**** A great alternative for shoe racks are book shelves from Target or Ikea.
***Using the top drawers of a dresser is perfect for keeping your jewelry organized
4. SIZE DOESN’T MATTER– Of course we would all love to have a huge closet, I love it when women are able to turn small bedrooms or office spaces into their own fashion haven; however that is not always possible. You can turn any size closet into a cherished space by following the above tips.
photos taken from yellowbot.com & Ruby Press