We begin our story of Raindrop Techniques with the Lakota Indians and Northern Lights. Before the border between Canada and the US was closed in 1800 they would travel north to stand under the crackling ribbon of colors inhaling and absorbing the electrical energy of the Northern Lights. They understood the benefit of renewing ourselves through this energy because we are electrical beings. Once they could no longer cross into Canada, they developed a technique of stroking the spine with feathers. This is where our modern Swedish massage feather stroking originated.
Dr. Gary Young was taught this energizing technique by the Lakota Indians and studied the benefits of therapeutic grade essential oils, especially those talked about in the Bible. The combination began to reveal itself as a powerful duo to address many maladies.
In the 1920’s a massage technique was brought to the US from ancient Tibetan culture and developed by Stanley Borroughs based on “vitality through the reflexes”: Vita-Flex. This technique operates on the premise that when light pressure is applied skin on skin, the body creates a piezoelectric charge that is therapeutic and was added to the routine with feather stroking and oils.
With all these methods and applications combined a synergistic affect is created now known as Raindrop Techniques.
The 7 single note essential oils used in Raindrop each have their own benefits:
- Oregano: attacks viruses and bacteria
- Thyme: attacks viruses and bacteria
- Basil: anti-spasmodic, headache relief
- Cypress: increases circulation
- Wintergreen: anti-inflammatory/anti-spasmodic, analgesic (pain reliever)
- Marjoram: relaxes musculature, lowers blood pressure
- Peppermint: anti-spasmodic, assists in “pushing” in all other oils
These therapeutic oils are massaged into the reflexology points on the feet and also dropped along the spine from 6 inches above the body giving the technique its name. Because the oils can pass through the blood-brain barrier, they affect many spinal issues that are caused by dormant viruses and bacteria. While the intruders cause inflammation, contorting and weakening the spine, essential oils destroy viruses and bacteria while its antimicrobial properties reduce inflammation.
How can you benefit from the relaxing massage techniques, aromatherapy and reflexology of Raindrop Therapy?
- Hyper tense muscles will release.
- Experience gentle structural alignment.
- Effective detoxification eliminating common ailments such as cold and flu, herpes, shingles and MRSA.
- Emotional and Spiritual clam and balance is achieved.
Raindrop Techniques have helped thousands along their journey of health. If you have had a session, tell us about your experience!