I know, drinking water is boring, however, if you don’t get enough water moving through your system the consequences are huge. You don’t believe me? Well, here are a few benefits of drinking water:
- Water is a source of energy. Not getting enough water causes the body to become tired and fatigued
- Without enough water your blood becomes thicker causing high blood pressure
- Water lubricates joints, hydrating the body and reducing muscle cramping and strains.
- Water helps cleanse the body of toxins by maintaining intestinal regularity.
- Water aids the kidneys in flushing out what the body does not need without undue stress on them.
- Drinking water fights off illness by boosting the immune system.
- Water relieves headaches; those that just come on or the one’s that come on after a night on the town!
- Being hydrated improves concentration.
- Water helps you exercise by fueling your muscles.
- Water hydrates the body reducing winkles and giving a radiant look to the skin.
- Drinking water before a meal helps reduce the appetite and assists in weight loss.
- And lastly water just plain ol’ helps a person feel good!
So how much water is enough to hydrate your body? The rule of thumb these days is divide your body weight in half and that is how many ounces you need to drink (i.e. if you’re 100 pounds you would need to drink 50 oz. of water).
Start adding water to your daily routine in increments of 10 to 20 ounces. (Coffee, tea, sodas, energy drinks don’t count.)
Have fun with it. Remember this’ll make you feel good!